Each term, students use GSR to complete a self-assessment report on their academic progress, and raise any concerns or issues regarding their academic progress. PGT students are also asked to identify skills developed and training undertaken or required, whereas PGR students can submit completed Divisional Training Needs Analysis forms in GSR. PGR students will also be asked to complete a report during the Long Vacation (summer), and depending on their programme of study PGT students may also be asked to report.
Students are encouraged to use the opportunity to:
- Review and comment on their academic progress during the reporting period
- Measure their progress against the timetable and requirements of their programme of study
- Identify skills developed and training undertaken or required (PGT only)
- Submit a completed Divisional Training Needs Analysis form at least annually (PGR only)
- List their engagement with the academic community
- Raise concerns or issues regarding their academic progress to their supervisor
- Outline their plans for the next term (where applicable)
Reporting is strongly recommended for students, except for MPLS courses, where it is mandatory for students to report.