Information relating to the Coronavirus pandemic
For the most up-to-date advice and guidance about policies and processes relating to Examinations and Assessments, please refer to the following webpages:
Advice for student-facing staff: https://academic.admin.ox.ac.uk/coronavirus
Advice for students: https://www.ox.ac.uk/students/coronavirus-advice
The Examinations and Assessments Framework (EAF) has been updated to reflect changes implemented due to the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Departments should, in advance of the academic year in which examinations are due to take place:
- Establish standing orders – these set the terms for the composition of the nominating committee and the number of examiners that will serve on the examination board.
- Check and circulate examination conventions – these set out how examined work will be marked and how the marks are used to arrive at a final classification. They should be checked at the first meeting of examiners.
- Complete the assessment review – a review of the assessments and assessment structures must be completed via eVision each summer.
- Appoint examiners – this activity is administered by the Examiner Appointments and Payments team, who will send out nomination forms for Chairs and Examiners, and make Assessor nomination forms available via WebLearn.
- Confirm Exam Board meeting dates – must be submitted as early as possible to eVision each academic year and by no later than 1 November. For full guidance on how to submit the dates, please refer to the Exam Board Dates Quick Reference Guide available from the Student Systems webpage.
- Ensure candidates are entered for exams at the appropriate times and any necessary dispensations are applied for (eg students who wish to be examined under old syllabus)
- Consider whether they have enough invigilators and book them onto training sessions.