We are available to prospective and on-course students of the University, including both matriculated and non-matriculated students. All students registered with the service will be allocated a disability advisor, who will work with them and co-ordinate any necessary study-related support. DAS’s work with incoming students or those newly registered with the service includes:
- establishing evidence of disability to meet University guidelines;
- contacting students who declare a disability/newly registered students and discussing with them the adjustments they have previously needed, considering the potential impact of their disability/disabilities on study at Oxford and discussing possible adjustments with them;
- ensuring that colleagues in the relevant department(s) and college are aware of the likely adjustments needed in advance of a student’s arrival;
- assisting the student to access funding for disability-related study support;
- provision of transition events for incoming students;
- supporting students who contact the service with concerns about previously un-diagnosed disabilities and directing them to appropriate services for further investigation if necessary.