The University’s student record retention policy has been updated for the 2019/20 academic year. This is an important part of our compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation that personal data is not kept for longer than necessary. Colleagues are asked to please review the revised policy, in particular the following areas of change:
- new entries specific to UNIQ+ (section A, 13 to 15);
- update to include specific contact details (entries B.4 & B.5);
- update to specific retention periods (entry D.13);
- revised entries in line with relevant legislation (entries B.1 and I.11);
- a number of minor revisions for accuracy and to maintain ordering.